The short answer: No.
The long answer: Pecans should never be fed to your dog because they contain the toxin juglone. When consumed by your pet, these nuts can cause gastrointestinal upset or create an obstruction in his windpipe, esophagus, stomach, or intestines. Another concern is if your dog accidentally consumes moldy pecans. Because of the tremorgenic mycotoxins found in these moldy pecans, your dog may suffer from seizures and other neurological symptoms, which may manifest one to two hours after he consumes them.
What to do if your dog accidentally eats pecans: Observe your dog for any behavioural changes. If you witness him displaying any of these symptoms, call or visit your vet immediately: vomiting, diarrhea, restlessness, fever, seizures, and tremors. Additionally, if you suspect that your dog ate moldy pecans, watch for any of the following: hyperthermia (abnormally high temperature), salivation, ataxia (lack of muscle coordination), tachycardia (rapid heart beating), and fasciculation (muscle twitching).
In summary: Pecans must not be included in your dog’s diet even if they are high in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Feeding him pecans may cause more harm than good, and may lead to complications. To be on the safe side, store your pecans in areas that your dog will not have access to, be conscious of where you eat them, and dispose of the shells properly. Instead of pecans, discover which other nuts dogs can safely eat in our “can dogs eat” category.