The short answer: No.
The long answer: An ingredient commonly used to add flavour to human food, salt is a tasty mineral that should be kept away from curious dogs at all times. The salty condiment can make your dog extremely dehydrated, make him want to pee repeatedly, cause severe stomach inflammation, create electrolyte imbalances, or even cause sodium ion poisoning. Severe dehydration makes your dog’s brain cells shrink, rupture, and create hemorrhages, while stomach inflammation leads to vomiting and diarrhea.
Avoid feeding your dog all types of salt and any food flavoured with it (hot dog and pizza, to name a few!). Items found at home such as homemade play/salt dough, paintballs, enema solutions, rock salt, and salt lamps should also be kept away from them. Remember that just a ⅓ cup of salt (about 113 grams) can be lethal for a 50-pound dog.
What to do if your dog accidentally eats salt: Watch for the following symptoms: vomiting, lack of energy, large amounts of thirst, damaged kidneys, seizures, coma, diarrhea, depression, tremors, and high temperature. In extreme situations, salt poisoning may even cause death. If you think your dog ate salt, call your veterinarian immediately and take him to the emergency animal clinic. Salt poisoning is often treated with intravenous fluid regulation and monitoring of hydration levels.
In summary: Salt is poisonous for dogs. Keep your four-legged friend safe by properly storing salt in tightly lidded containers, and not giving them access to your pantry. Do not give your dog table scraps that may contain salt and other toxic ingredients (such as sugar, garlic, or onions), or you might end up taking a costly trip to the veterinarian.