It is not recommended for dogs to eat veggie burgers due to the ingredients used to make them.
Veggie burgers are disc-shaped patties that do not contain meat derived from animals. These patties are created using plant-based ingredients such as nuts, soybeans, tofu, legumes, grains, and seeds. They can also be made from fungi such as mushrooms and mycoprotein.
Dogs can eat a small portion of a veggie burger, but it is not recommended for regular consumption. The high salt content, ingredients used, and manufacturing process are the main reasons behind it. Onion and garlic powder are commonly found in veggie burgers, which can cause toxic reactions to your dog. If he consumes a veggie burger with harmful ingredients, he may exhibit vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty in breathing, drooling, and pale gums.
What to do if your dog accidentally eats a veggie burger: Review the label of your veggie burger and try to discover how much your dog ate. As long as the plant-based patty does not have poisonous ingredients, ingesting a small amount will not harm him. On the other hand, call your veterinarian immediately if the veggie burger has toxic ingredients. Keep an eye on him for any changes in his mood, behaviour, eating, breathing, and excreting habits.
In summary: Veggie burgers do not contain the essential nutrients needed by your dog. Some commercially produced ones are even packed with sodium and saturated fat. You are better off providing your pooch with vet-approved meat alternatives as well as cooked vegetables and fresh fruits.