The short answer: It is not recommended.
The long answer: Whether the small and hard type or the big and soft kind, pretzels are snacks that should not be consumed by dogs. Aside from being loaded with salt, this snack may also be topped with garlic or onions, which can cause gastrointestinal distress and/or blood poisoning. It can also be served with sweet or savory sauces, which are also not recommended for your pet.
What to do if your dog accidentally eats pretzels: Check the nutrition facts label to discover all the ingredients used to make the pretzels, and find out how many pieces your dog ate. Consult with your veterinarian if you notice any sudden changes in your dog’s mood, feeding, or toilet habits. Excessive thirst, urination, depression, increase in body temperature, tremors, vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures are signs that your dog has consumed too much salt.
In summary: Pretzels are high in carbohydrates and low in fat and protein. They do not provide necessary nutritional value for your pooch, so you’re better off serving him dog-friendly vegetables and fruits as treats. You should never give pretzels to your dog unless you can guarantee that they do not contain harmful ingredients.
People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pet
The Most Poisonous Foods for Dogs
Toxic and Dangerous Foods Your Dogs Should Never Eat
Ultimate Guide to What Dogs Can Eat
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.