The short answer: No.
The long answer: Store-bought mushrooms that are safe for human consumption are generally okay for dogs to eat. However, since people usually serve these mushrooms in rich sauce or combined with oils and herbs, it’s best not to share them with your four-legged friend whose stomach may not handle these other ingredients well.
As for wild mushrooms growing in backyards, gardens, or parks, there are specific kinds that are known to be lethal to dogs. If you think your pet has accidentally ingested some mushrooms, visit your veterinarian immediately to take preventive action. Don’t wait for symptoms such as excessive salivation, staggering gait, and vomiting to kick in. The sooner you can bring your pet in, the faster you can take the toxins out of his system.
In summary: Store-bought mushrooms served in a plain manner may be fed to your dog, but to be safe, you can provide him with his daily supply of fiber, protein, and vitamin B from other food sources. Check out our “can dogs eat” category to discover which ingredients he can safely eat.