The short answer: No.
The long answer: Just like dogs, cats can get easily sick by eating a small portion of chocolate. Though cats won’t be particularly drawn to its sweet taste (their sweet taste buds are not very reactive), they might just be curious enough to taste it if you leave a chocolate bar or chunks of baking chocolate lying around the house.
Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which can instantly alter your cat’s body. Depending on how much your cat consumes and the type of chocolate flavour (white chocolate is the least harmful), an 8-pound cat may be poisoned by as little as 0.2 ounce of baking chocolate, 0.5 ounce of semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate, and 1.14 ounce of milk chocolate.
What to do if your cat accidentally eats chocolate: Watch for signs of vomiting and diarrhea, which could quickly progress into the following symptoms: hyperactivity, restlessness, increased thirst, tremors, and increased reflex responses. A cat that eats a large amount of chocolate may experience muscle rigidity, rapid breathing, and seizures. If her symptoms are not treated immediately and accordingly, health complications may result in death.
Your veterinarian may run routine tests to check your cat’s blood, urine, and heart levels, as well as fluid therapy to help keep her hydrated. He may recommend a bland diet to help ease your cat’s digestive system.
In summary: Chocolate should never be fed to your cat at all costs. Whether in the form of baking ingredients or ready-to-eat treats, these sweets are lethal for her. They should be properly stored and kept away from your kitty. Instead, treat her with healthy vegetable snacks such as zucchini, celery, or carrots!